Friday, November 22, 2013

Why I Write

Sometimes I wonder why I write.  I know that one of my best friends convinced me to start.  And I began writing on Live Journal.  Just for me to see.  I needed to get my emotions out.  And as I wrote, I felt better.  But something was missing. What is a story without an audience.  What if there were people out there who felt the same way and needed to know that they weren't alone.  So I moved my writing to Blogger.  As my audience grew, I felt the need to touch other people.  I needed to share my story, my life.  I needed a community where I could open my heart.  Where I could share the best of times and the worst of times.  A place where I felt a sense of belonging.  And I found tumblr.  At first I was scared of it. Over time, with the people I touched and those that touched me, I found it to be one of my safe places to be myself and share my story.  Now I am planning on putting my story down into pages of a book. The next chapter of my writing life. Again I feel scared, but to have someone read my story, to feel moved by my words, to feel like they are not alone gives me the strength.

Writing has saved my life.  Getting my emotions out and acknowledging my demons, kept me from bottling up and ending my story, my life.  I have discovered how amazing life can be if you set your words free.  There will always be pain and struggle, but just knowing that you are not alone, gives hope that you will reach the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash