Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween 2013

Amazing what a difference a year makes. Last night was one of my best friend’s Halloween / birthday party. Last year I dressed as the Queen of Hearts. I was so nervous and needed help with my hair and makeup. I was scared of what people would think.  I remember bringing my costume to the party to change into.  I got ready in the 2nd bathroom.  Anxiously waiting for the friend to show up to do my hair and then waiting to have another friend do my makeup.  I was shaking most of the time.  Once I was dressed and done up, it took another 15 minutes for me to get my nerve up to walk out for other people to see me.

This year I went as Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph. I did my own makeup and hair. I was able to put my makeup on in one shot.  No washing off and starting again.  I knew what I wanted to do with my hair and got it to look the way I wanted first try.  I was so proud of myself.  As we were getting ready to head out the door, I had no nerves.  I was comfortable being me and I had no fear in letting people see that.  I didn't think twice of walking in, all dressed up.   I was so so comfortable.  The night was amazing.  I got many compliments on my costume.  No negativity.  It was great.  And more feminine pronouns being used.  My friends have been great adapting to the new me.  I'm just one of the girls now.

I love the changes I have gone through this past year. I love finally being able to be myself.

Here is a picture of me... 


1 comment:

HyperSmash