Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rent

When I was in high school, one of the drama club field trips was to New York to see "Rent" on Broadway.  I new nothing about the show before going.  After the show, I was changed.  It was an amazing emotional show.  Since then I have had a special attachment to the show.  Whenever I start feeling numb inside or just need an emotion boost, I listen to the soundtrack.  Even when I don't realize I need it.  There have just been moments in my life where I just need to listen to it.  Something is drawing me to it.

Over the past couple of months, "Rent" has been on Starz.  I randomly find it about a half hour before it's over.  After it had happened a third time of finding it on Starz before it was over I felt compelled to listen to the soundtrack.  I guess the universe knew I needed to listen to "Rent" even though I didn't.  So last night I started to listen to the soundtrack on my way home from work.  It was definitely getting my emotions going.  Then came the song "Another Day".  That song started to resonate in me.  The lines Mimi sings really hit me:

"The heart may freeze
Or it can burn
The pain will ease
If I can learn

There is no future
There is no past
I live this moment
As my last

There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret
Or life is yours to miss

No other road
No other way
No day but today"




This song just made me cry.  No matter how bad things can seem at times, it will get better.  Don't focus on the future too much and don't live in the past.  Only live for today, live for the moment.  Have no regrets and cherish what you have because the ones you love will always be there.  Take the path you were meant to be on and don't look back.  Enjoy the journey even if it can be hard.  Don't fear the future, focus on the here and now.  It is such a powerful song.  It was just what I needed.

Another great song is "Seasons of Love".  So I thought I would share:


No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash