Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Self Worth

Why is it so hard for us to see greatness in ourselves?  Why can’t we believe we are good enough? Why is it hard to believe when others say they love us?  Why are we so broken? Has society beaten us down to have no self worth?  When my friends put themselves down, it hurts because I know how amazing they are. But when they try to tell me how good I am, I can never see it.  I can’t see why they love me.  I can’t see that I’m worth it.  But they can’t see it in themselves either.  We tell each other how great the other is, in hopes of them believing even when we don’t.  I want to believe.  I want to feel the love.  I want to see greatness within.  And I want others to see the greatness in themselves.  Everyone I’ve met has greatness in them.  They are amazing parents, the bestest of friends, great singers, great dancers, amazing artists, just down right amazing people.  I try to praise my friends as much as I can because I do see greatness in them even if they can’t.  I hope some day it will finally sink in.  

To steal and modify a quote from Doctor Who: In my 35 years of life, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.

1 comment:

  1. Much to ponder here, hon. Thank you for sharing it!

    Also, Merry Christmas (if you are into it) and Happy Holidays (if you are not)!

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete

HyperSmash