Thursday, January 17, 2013

Interesting Change

So I have only been on Spiro for a week and Estrogen for 3 1/2 days, but I am starting to feel a calm come over me.  For the past few days I have started to notice it.  It was also causing me to have a little internal struggle.  My mind and my body seemed to be arguing over whether or not I wanted a cigarette.  I have been a smoker since I was 18.  I have quit once before for about a year, but started again.  I have attempted to quit many times, each time resulting in me smoking more.  My endocrinologist wanted me to quit smoking as it can cause issues with my body more so now that I am on Estrogen.  So I knew I had to start thinking about quitting and I was gonna maybe start after a month on hormones.  But it seemed like in the past few days when my body really wanted nicotine, my mind was like no you don't want one.  And when my mind was stressed and wanted the nicotine, my body was like no you don't want one.  Last night I had a cigarette at 5:45pm and only smoked about a quarter of it and I didn't want the rest.  I haven't had a cigarette at all since then.  So it's been about 16 hrs.  Normally I can't go 2 hrs without foaming at the mouth for one.  I really hope I can keep this up.  I hope I can brake the habit.  I may cheat or I may not.  I may succeed or just have to keep trying.  But I think my body and mind are now on the same page and ready for me to quit. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash